Trish Rogers Originals
Sale Sold out
Regular price £9,995.00 GBP
Regular priceUnit price per
This is the largest piece of work I have undertaken to date and took over 2 years to complete
The sculpture reminded of the tail of a diving whale, as it slaps the water on decent it makes a sound known as "The Sound"
I created the sculpture from a large trunk with the tail coming from what one imagines to have been two very large branches.
- This sculpture is 830mm wide by 430mm high by maximum 120mm deep. The base is 500mm wide by 450mm deep by 100mm high and made from spalted beech which came down in in Belfast during a storm in 2007
- The sculpture is made with Irish bog oak which has been carbon dated to pre 4000BC which makes it over 6000 years old.
- The carbon dating was done by Queens University, Belfast and the sculpture comes with a copy of the letter from the University.
- Sculptures are finished with natural oil and beeswax, this means they can be displayed outside as well as inside. Although it is advisable to re wax each year if outside
- I post world wide and the UK to arrange quotes for shipping costs world wide please contact me.